The tank simulation "WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger" takes place in Belarus during the Summer of 1943, in which the Soviet Union launched "Operation Bagration", the Belarusian Offensive, against the retreating German Wehrmacht. After Kursk, this was the most significant struggle of the two tank armies and resulted in the complete destruction of the German Army Group Center and the Soviet recapture of all territories within their 1941 borders.
The player can experience the battlefield from within the Russian T-34 and the German "Tiger", with fully animated 3D interiors and playable Driver, Gunner and Commander positions. The tanks' dynamics include realistic physics, accurate ballistics and elaborate damage models. Interior models feature historically accurate gun-sight optics.
The vast Belarusian landscape of the early 20th century, with its rolling hills, villages and large forests was carefully recreated from historical reference photos and maps. The rich battlefield environment includes AI controlled Russian and German tanks, infantry, armored-personnel-carriers, anti-tank-guns and airplanes.
Stunning special effects, such as explosions, fires and smoke, the ability to completely destroy vehicles and buildings, all combine to create a lifelike combat environment. The action can be viewed from various camera angles in first or third person view.
- German and Russian Campaign missions are based on "Operation Bagration", the codename for the Soviet Belarusian Offensive during World War II.
- Playable tanks: The Russian T-34/85 and the German Sd.Kfz. 181 "Tiger" Ausf. E.
- Control your tank from fully modelled and animated 3D positions. (driver, gunner and commander).
- "Napalm Engine" 3D technology allows for impressive effects, such as dynamic shadows, self shading, bump mapping, specular maps, glow and bloom.
- Stunning graphics and huge realistic landscapes to explore.
- Interactive environment with various levels of destruction: Buildings, trees and vehicles can be damaged or destroyed by cannon, MG fire or ramming attacks.
- AI controlled vehicles include: T-34/85, T-34/76, Tiger, Sk.Kfz.251, M3A1,ZIS-5, Opel Blitz, ZIS-3, Pak. 40, IL-2, FW-190.
- Multiplayer options include: LAN and Internet play for up to 16 players; Two multiplayer modes: Skirmish and TeamPlay.
- The game is GameSpy Arcade ready for online multi-player sessions and uses DirectPlay (tm) technology for direct IP multi-player connections via LAN and Internet.
- "TrackIR (tm)" support immerses the player in hands-free first person views for all available crew positions.