Picaroon is a free-to-play massively multi-player strategy game - Battle, alone or with allies, as a futuristic pirate fighting to control the land in a water-world apocalypse. Build massive fleets, sail the seas (watching out for whirlpools, giant squid and pirates!) and settle or conquer new islands. Deploy Special cards to sink entire fleets, erupt volcanoes or call up a lightning strike! Revel in a unique climactic finale where you receive rare technology from the Warlord Kingdoms in return for your tributes: beware the mammoth ships that appear out of nowhere alongside submarines launching ancient nuclear tipped missiles. Picaroon has strategies for all, builders, attackers, defenders and diplomats.
- Massively multiplayer: compete against hundreds of other players at once on the same map!
- Persistent game world, the game is on even when you’re not.
- Play more than 200 power ups or boosters
- Complete a tutorial quest system and learn to build up an island very quickly
- 23 upgradable buildings.
- 8 upgradable sea and air units
- Win the End Game super submarines and super ships and experience a unique climatic finale of the End Game
- Configure your own game of Picaroon and play as an RTS to completion in 1 to 4 hours – it’s up to you and your friends
- Players in the Classic games gain reputation scores - http://www.picaroonthegame.com/GameResults.aspx
- Players are awarded experience points at the end of games and climb up through twenty ranks to become a Picaroon Admiral - http://www.picaroonthegame.com/Ranking.aspx
- Awards are given for the best performance in a number of game categories. http://www.picaroonthegame.com/Ranking.aspx
- Achievements are awarded for reaching milestone developments - http://www.picaroonthegame.com/Ranking.aspx
The price you pay gives you 2500 Doubloons, which can be exchanged for in game power ups or boosters (specials).